Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing #4 Importance of Comments

Commenting is a way to communicate in a world that depends on technology.  Commenting is a source of communicating that allows people to feel connected and/or part of a community.  Whether it is on Facebook, Twitter or a blog,  commenting allows a person to let their feelings and thoughts be known whether they agree or disagree with the post.

When you are teaching or learning, it is very important to have an open venue that ideas can be shared and improved upon.  Technology is an excellent place to do this.

I think it is very important to invite comments on your blog and ask questions that will encourage people to comment.    In reading the articles and blogs that was suggested by assignment, I found several good suggestions and points.  Two good suggestions are to put a question in the heading and to ask specific questions to get feedback.  Another great suggestion was that it is important to respond to all comments.  This lets the commenter know that you are paying attention and appreciate the time they took to comment on your post.  

The seven blogs that I am following and commented on are:

Courtney Brown (CHS Chemistry 23 Things) - I really liked her ideas about linking worksheets,
               assignments, etc. to her blog so that students and parents know what is going on in the class.
               This also allows a common place to find important information.

Delma Vasquez's (Delma Vasquez's 23 things) - I like that you will use your blog to keep your students
               aware of current issues and trends while teaching Spanish.

Sheilah Queener (Miss Queener's 23 Things) -  I liked that she is going to set up a blog for students
              about a novel they are reading.  Each student would have a character they will blog as if they
              are writing from that characters perspective.  I think this is an excellent teaching idea.

Esther  Yum (Esther's 23 Things) - I liked her dog treat ideas and the story about adopting a dog.
              I also liked that she would use her blog to post pictures for  her class for the parents to be able
              to see.

Suzette Pinnock (23 Things) - I liked that she also struggles with technology as I do.   Also that she
              plans to use this in her class as a tool to interact with her students and parents.   She has some
              of the same struggles that I do with our home life.

Sky's Health and PE Blog (http://www.antane.blogspot.com) - I liked a lot of her ideas and posts.  Her
              seven reasons to be passionate about your career are good points.  She gives a list of resources
              you can use as a PE teacher.

Wagner's Big Red Phys Ed (http://www.bigredpe.com) - I liked this blog because it is set in the high
             school setting.  I had a hard time finding blogs that were not specifically elementary.  I also
             like that he challenges his students to different activities that are not specifically part of the
             the standards, but do pertain to them.

I liked this assignment because it challenged me to get out into the blogger world and see what I could find.  I was surprised to not find much in the Middle School and High School PE and Health areas.  I look forward to learning more from the 23 Things assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment