Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thing #5 : Web 2.0

     I enjoyed reading the articles on Web 2.0 and School 2.0.    I had never heard of either term and was surprised at all the information that I found.  I also realized how far behind I really was on technology and where it will lead our lives and classrooms in the future.  
     When I read the Web 2.0 and where computers came from to where they are now, I recognized some of the old "computer codes" from when I started using computers.   It is amazing how different and easier they are to use today and it is changing every minute.    From iPads, laptops, smart screens to cars, technology is amazing.   I is easy to be left behind, as I was, and to keep up in the future will be just as difficult.
     School 2.0 is also a revolving concept.  It will be important for teachers to not only keep up with the technology, but to integrate it in their classrooms.  It is interesting that a classroom can be virtual and can go anywhere with you.  Your lesson plan can be mobile with the use of iPads, etc. and taken outside to allow the students to study differently and possibly learn more.  To be able to harness that thought into something great and fulfilling for my students is a hefty goal.   I look forward to working hard to answer that challenge and make it worthwhile for my students.  
     There were several good suggestions and points at the Teachers 2.0 website.  I will be teaching gym.   I look forward to the challenge of integrating technology into my classroom that is both educational, fun and keeps my students moving to the beat of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment