Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing # 12: Google is not just for searching anymore

     I was amazed how many tools Google offered.   This assignment required that we explore the different tools to see what was useful and how we could and would use them.    I started my exploration with Google Translate.  I started with translating to Spanish and then realized they had an Arabic tab.  I was really excited about that because, I will be visiting Dubai this summer and it would be awesome to be able to attempt to communicate in Arabic.   I typed Hello and here is a link to the translation:  Hello in Arabic.   I also liked that Google will speak the translation to you, that is a great feature!  This is a great resource for the classroom.   I look forward to allowing my students to explore this tool.

     I then tried Google Scholar.  I was pleasantly surprised with the results I found searching various topics.  I think this will be a great resource for me during my Graduate Studies and my future students.

     Next, I tried Google Calendar.    Below is the calendar I created for my family's sports schedule for this week plus a few other events.  I think this could be a great tool for me personally and for my students.  They could create a calendar for their homework and classwork assignments, test, etc.  to help them keep organized.



No comments:

Post a Comment