Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #11: Finding Good Feeds

     I really enjoyed looking for Blog feeds and was surprised by some of my findings.   I tried looking up a variety of subjects and got a lot of blogs for some, but very few for others.   I did find some interesting Middle school blogs.

     I originally tried Feedly and it was pretty simple.   Then I tried Google Blog Search and it was very easy also.  I thought it was interesting that it also gave me websites, not just blog results.   There were also a couple of results that I thought were blogs, but when I clicked on them I discovered they were actually websites.  One was very good and I saved it.   Blogsearchengine.com was very easy also.  I will use all three of these sights again.

     I then tried out Technorati.   It was not as easy to use as the three mentioned above.  I also found that several blogs were discontinued for one reason or another.   I don't think that I will use this sight often to look for blogs.

A few of the blogs I found that were useful are:
     edublogs.org - educational blogging service
     mr.sicklerphysicaleducation.com
   
Middle School PE was on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I had the same experience when I was checking out Technorati. I was hopeful that it would provide another avenue to find RSS feeds but many of them were old and inaccessible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I am glad that someone else had the same experience. I sometimes wonder if I am doing something wrong when things don't turn out as I expect. Hope you have a great day!

      Delete