Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thing # 10: Setup an RSS Reader and adding Feeds

Wow.   By now you know that I am way behind on technology.  I just call my BFF and she helps me through when I struggle.   I have not called her during this class and pushed through some of the more frustrating assignments on my own.  I know what some of you are thinking, but my life is busy and I just don't have the time to struggle or search through to get up to date…. before now.   This class has really opened my mind to what technology and the internet has to offer.   And with a little instruction and encouragement, what you can learn and accomplish before you know it.

The RSS feed has really opened my eyes to so many possibilities.

First, I did not know you could do this.  Second, I am now addicted.  Third,  I love that it is easy and that I can create folders to organize my feeds.   Fourth, I had no idea how many different blogs, websites, etc. were out there for the subjects I searched.   Although, I was disappointed there was not more for a few of the topics.  

The information is limitless with a RSS feed.  You can get so much information quickly and conveniently.   The possibilities are endless for how I can use this personally and professionally.  I subscribed to fourteen different feeds very quickly and was able to organize them efficiently.

I found the Nerdy Teacher website.  I really liked how he posts assignment every week that his class has to chat about.  He also required each student to create a blog and they had to complete assignments on their blog sites also (like this class).  He used TV shows, etc. to discuss topics they are learning and requires them to listen to pod casts for certain activities.   I really liked how he is linking technology, learning and being innovated to keep his students attention.  

This one feed gave me great ideas that I hope to shape into great learning tools for my students and classroom.

I look forward to using this tool in the future in my personal and professional life.  I hope to show my students the value of RSS feeds to help them in their studies and their future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment