Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thing # 8: Flickr Mashups

This assignment had us playing with the Flickr mashup tools and applications.  This was a very interesting assignment.  I was very disappointed with a few of the first that I tried, but then found a few that I liked.  I was very frustrated with spell with Flickr, because I could not get the image to upload.   I enjoyed picking random photos and then using my own personal ones.  Here are a few projects that I completed.



I created the above image by using jigsaw on Big Huge Labs.   I used this particular photo of the Night Stalker Memorial during the Annual Memorial Ceremony, because it is an awesome reminder of what the ultimate sacrifice our military and their families can make.  I love the glowing eyes!   NSDQ and LNSDQ! 



I also used the mosaic maker on Big Huge Labs.  I uploaded several pictures and made a niece mosaic that would make a great poster.   I have attached it below.



I liked Big Huge Labs because they have a section that discusses how the website can help you in the classroom and for your students.  You can pre-register your students so that they do not have to have a email address.  The students can sent their work with a single click and the teacher can view and download the content created by your students.  I think that is a great option and teaching element to this website.   I hope I can use this with my students in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment