Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thing # 6: Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

When I clicked on the Go2Web2.0 link to explore the tools, I was amazed.   WOW.   I only recognized two or three of the links.   Pinterest was the only one I used frequently.   I had a great time exploring several  different  sites, such as:
                             Sweetsearch -  which is an excellent search engine for students
                             Carrot sticks - which provides online math games
                             Active Allowance - "teaching kids dollars and sense"

But I chose to use Canva.  You do have to create an account, but it is free.  Canva allows you to create posters, cards, invitations, photo collages, etc. for free or a low price.   You can choose to use their free elements and basic images for free, plus you can upload your own images, or use their premium features for a minimum cost.  I chose to use the free photo collage and upload my own elements.  this is the link to my collage : Our Family Snow Day Fun.   I was also able to download a PDF picture of the collage for me to print or use.  Here is the example of my pictures:

I think this could be a great tool in my classroom.  The students could create presentations, collages of their field trips…..  there are so many possibilities.   I look forward to continuing this journey of learning technology that will not only  help me in the classroom, be a better teacher and mentor, but that I can use with my own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment