Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thing #7 : Explore Flickr


     I have never used Flickr before and created a Yahoo account so that I could upload pictures.  I have used Pinterest and Sutterfly a lot for my pictures and sharing them with friends and family.  I found that uploading was easy and you could set the pictures to be public or private.   I did like that you could allow people to or not to copy or save the pictures that you upload.  Also, that you could set  them so that no one could search for them.
      I chose to upload one of the first photos my husband took when he got to Dubai.  It is an Applebee's restaurant in the Dubai Mall.  The photo is attached to the post listed as  Thing #7 and is above this post.  I had a lot of trouble getting the Flickr photo's to attach.  Even the one's that I loaded into my account.  When I used their Blogging tool, it would not allow me to attach to a post, it had to be in it's own separate post.   I am not sure if I missed a step, but it was very frustrating.  So, I improvised and added the photo in a separate post and built my main post on this photo.
      I also attached the following link so that you could see the View from the Burj Khalifa at night.  We were lucky enough to get to tour the Burj Khalifa the last time we visited my husband.  This is not one of our photo's, but the kids had a great time.   The photo that I attached below is the Burj Khalifa at night from a distance.  This a beautiful shot that show just how tall the building is and how it towers over the rest of the surrounding buildings.  Do you see the clouds at the middle of the building?  Dubai is already working on plans and drawings to build another skyscraper to go even higher.


Dubai by Marco Markovich / Boda de Cine
Dubai, a photo by Marco Markovich / Boda de Cine on Flickr.

I enjoyed this experience and look forward to experimenting more with the Flickr.  I hope to utilize this with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment