Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Thing #3

How can a blog be used in a classroom setting?  There are so many possibilities.
1.  It can give both students and parents insight to the teacher.  Allow them to get to know each other better.
2.  The blog can allow parents to ask questions about what their student is studying or about a specific assignment.
3.  Teachers can setup websites, worksheets, books, etc as reference for any work being done.  
4.  Students can use their real names or a be anonymous. Being anonymous would allow the students to discuss topics that they would not normally want to or ask questions they may think are embarrassing.   It could also be a way for students to inform the teacher of issues or concerns for themselves or fellow classmates.
5.  You can setup special assignments (ex: 23 things)  or even extra credit assignments on the blog that will encourage the students to check in once a week or even daily.
6.  Set the blog up for a specific year so everyone can look at it later.  It can also be a good reference tool for the future blogs.   A way to compare how it was done in the past to the current blog.


I plan to teach P.E and Health.  I look forward to challenging myself to be creative and find a way to use it in both areas.   I want my students to embrace learning in all avenues.   I also look forward to this semester and learning what all you can do with a blog.   Thanks for reading and I look forward to posting again soon.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Suss

    I really like your ideas for using a blog in the classroom. I feel #4 is extremely important in middle school. It is a great way for students to ask questions they would not normally ask. During the middle school years there is a lot of pressure to gain social acceptance and I feel the option to be anonymous will help some children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I agree about students in Middle school. I plan on teaching in Middle or High school and hope to use this with my students.

      Delete
  2. I thought of an idea on how you can use blogging with your students. You can use blogs for your P.E. classes by having your students post about the kinds of physical activity they do at home and on the weekends. If you turn this into some kind of competition, you might get more participation. It's a thought....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great. Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to do some thinking on how to work it and maybe we can brainstorm so more later. Thanks again!

      Delete