Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thing 2 -Create a Blog, Add a Post and an Avatar

I created a blog tonight and an avatar.   It is my first blog and I am excited about the experience.  I am not experienced in the blogging world.  I have only read a few and they were mostly about recipes.  As I said before, I am excited to see where this project takes me.
I just used my name as the posting name because it felt right.   I wanted the title to be classroom friendly and appropriate.
Creating the blog was relatively easy.  Learning to navigate the system was also.  It just takes time to figure out where to go to do what I want or need to do.  Now the trick will be remembering it next week when I need to do the next assignment.  Haha!  :0
The avatar is as close to me as I could get.  I have dirty blond curly hair and blue eyes.  I love the color Blue and am a huge University of Kentucky fan.  I am a jeans and shorts kinda girl and I typically wear tennis shoes or flip flops.   Check back,  she might change her appearance.

4 comments:

  1. Your avatar is so cute - it's the perfect little mini-you! I might change mine later on. I'll make it look completely different from myself just for fun; although, I'm still trying to figure out the avatar's purpose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may change mine later also. I think it could be used in class for how your students see themselves. It could show how they are feeling when they cannot express it with words. I don't know, just a thought. Thank you for your comment. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! Such a cute avatar!!! Love the hair-do and LOVE the flower pin!!! =) Mine looks way to plain compared to yours! I might have to change my avatar and I'll make mine a maroon and orange for Virginia Tech Hokies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you. I am thinking of changing mine throughout the class to see what I can do with it. I am trying to figure out how to use it in my classroom later. Any suggestions?

      Delete