Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thing #1 - Lifelong Learning


I read Seven and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners today and recommend that you do also.

The hardest thing for me is begin with the end in mind.  Setting Goals and maintaining them has become a challenge in the past six years.  I start really strong and then get knocked off the road by life.  I sometimes accomplish the goal, but  not in a timely manner.   I recognize that it takes 21 days to make a habit and that somethings need to be a priority to change.   I need to not let life sidetrack me and when I do get knocked off the road, to get right back on the road and start again.   I will challenge myself this year by going back to college while taking care of the house, bills, kids, etc.  I can do this, I have done the juggling before.   I will stick to the plan and look forward to the rewards.

The easiest thing for me was to play.   I love to take the kids to new places to learn new and interesting things.   We love to ride dirt bikes, ride horses, go out on the boat, visit the zoo and the science museum.   I love to try new things, arts and crafts, play sports, etc.   I need to do better about creating me time.  I look forward to having some more me time and great adventures with my children.

2 comments:

  1. Setting goals is necessary to achieving. It is good that you can recognize your weakness and consider ways to fix it. You are my polar opposite as I find it easy to set goals and difficult to set time to play. I need to take your lead and get my children involved in doing some fun things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you. Maybe you can give me some pointers to help me do better in the future. I get distracted so easily it seems. Thank you for the comment and I look forward to talking to you more in the future.

      Delete