Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thing #18: Twitter

     I have never used Twitter before and never thought I would ever have an account.  I am not into the whole "hashtag thing" that is so popular right now.  I created an account solely for this assignment.   You can visit my page (or Twitter account) by clicking @Susseducation.   I did not understand Twitter or what it was used for until doing some research.  The video Twitter in Plain English was very informative.  I also found this blog,  8 Sure-Fire Ways To Tick Off the Twitter verse by Jennie Cromie, with some great advice.   I also found this blog to help teachers with hashtags, The Complete Guide to Twitter Hashtags For Education.
      It is important to understand social networking and their outlets.  The students we will teach are constantly on social networking and talking to each other with various social networking sites.  As teachers, we need to know what sites they are using and what draws them to those sites.  We need to understand their "language" and use it to our advantage.  Reach out to them and use the technology tools that they love to teach them what they need to learn.
      I look forward to exploring Twitter more and how to use it effectively in teaching and communicating with my students.  I am sure there is a lot more to learn and I look forward to the exploration of that knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment