Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing #17: Tagging and social bookmarking with Delicious

      I created an account on Delicious, which is a bookmarking site that is very popular.  I was surprised by how easy it was to create an account and start adding links.  I really like this and think it could be a very useful tool for my profession as a teacher.  I also think it will be helpful for my students in my classroom.  I could create a special account for my classroom with specific links that were useful in our subjects.  The students could log into the single account to have access to the links.   They can also explore to find other links that could be useful for the project we are completing.
      Part of our assignment was to search "educational technology" and I was very disappointed not to find any current information on Delicious.  The newest was October 2011.  Then I clicked on how many people saved or shared the link and was able to find other people that saved the link.  When I clicked on their name, I found some great educational information.
      All-in-all it seems to be a good resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment