Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Thing #14 : Mind maps and Flowcharts

     For this assignment we had to explore mind maps and flowcharts.  We needed to understand the difference between them and when to use each one.
   
     I did not know what a mind map was before this assignment.   After reviewing the sites suggested, I decided to use bubbl.us to create one.  After reviewing several examples and exploring, I decided to try making my own.   In the future, I would like to use one of the existing templates to complete one.   It was very easy to navigate and manipulate.   I look forward to exploring more in the future.

     Here is my example of the mind map I created.


     Flow charts were more familiar to me because I had used one to create a calling list.  I did not know all the options for flowcharts until this assignment.  I decided to use Gliffy to create a flowchart.  I really liked that it had so many options for figures and shapes available for the free version.  Of course, there are more options with the Pro subscription.   It was very easy.  I did not find any templates for Gliffy, but I may not have been looking in the correct place.  I plan to explore this site more to see what else it has to offer.  Templates would be a great addition to the site.


     Here is my example of the flow chart.



No comments:

Post a Comment