Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thing #23: Creative Commons


     We discussed Creative Commons a couple of weeks ago in class.  Obviously, I had hear about Creative Commons and Copyright rules, but really did not know much about them.  The lesson and exercise gave me a lot of good information that made it very clear.
     The first part of this assignment was to show the "23 Things" assignment was based on someone else's work.  So, I copied the following from the APSU 23 Things blog:

CREDITS

Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachersis based on Learning 2.0 - 23 Things, a staff development program for theMesquite Independent School District. That program was based on the Learning 2.0 program that was designed by Helene Blowers and adapted by the California School Library Association and others. Content and style for Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers has been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License.


     I also wanted to show a website that I had found that is similar to our project.  PLCMC learning 2.0 is the website.  It also references the following credits:

This blog has been setup to support PLCMC's Learning 2.0 program for staff. Questions or comments about this project should be directed toHelene Blowers, Public Services Technology Director for the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County (PLCMC). 

     Now that I have a clearer understanding about creative commons, I plan to pay more attention to items I want to use from the internet.  I think it is very important to try to give credit, when credit is do, to the originator.   I plan to teach my students as much as I can about creative commons so that they have knowledge to protect their original work and understand the importance to credit others for their work.












No comments:

Post a Comment