Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thing #22: Livebinders

     Once again, I am working with a website that I had not heard of until this assignment.  This has been a reoccurring theme this semester.   Our next assignment was Livebinders.  I signed up for a free account and good the tutorial.
   
     The assignment was to create three binders.  I created the following three binders, 1.) Health/PE websites for kids, 2.) Educational websites - elementary, and 3.) Educational websites - teens.  I have embedded the Educational websites - elementary binder below.


Click here to open this binder in a new window.




     I think Livebinders could be very useful in a classroom.  It could be a great addition to our classroom website page.  It could give students and parents a "go to" place for helpful websites for our class.  I like the idea of having a binder that has health information that could help my students study and learn more about their health.  I could also link fun, safe game websites to a binder.
 
      For my older students, eight grade for middle school and all high school grades, I could create a lesson plan to explore websites that would be helpful for a specific subject.  This could be a good way to "team teach" with another department or subject.  Another idea is that searching for websites that gave good information about a subject could be a good lead into a web quest assignment.

     This could be very useful in both the classroom for students and as a resource for parents on the website.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment